Copyright Registration Regulations & Guidelines:
Copyright registration is a simple, secure and effective method for laying claim to the rights contained within the work you have created. Rules and Regulations provide the governing principles and procedures that regulate the way in which The Global Copyright Office maintains and manages its services. These rules and regulations are subject to change and are often supplemented by our codes of practice to help maintain our high standards
Rules, regulations and guidelines that govern the registration of original works:
- Use of the Up-Loading facilities is conditional on prior registration with the granting of access rights
- Requests for registration shall be in the appropriate form and shall include all requested details,
- The granting of access rights to the Up-Loading facilities will be by the provision of user name(s) and password(s)
- Users must not use another user's user name or password,
- All works submitted by mail or online are done so at the clients own risk and expense.
- Responsibility for all works submitted by mail or online remains with the client.
- The copyright claimant will be deemed the copyright owner unless alternative instructions are given by the claimant
- Real / legal names must be declared if using a pen name / pseudonym or alias.
- Modifications to a work are not permitted once it has been registered and the documents issued.
- An issued certificate covers the work that is detailed within the certificate only.
- All clients who submit works for registration purposes will be informed of the details and status of their work via email.
- Acceptance of the details regarding the submitted work is binding and final once the registration fee has been paid.
- The fee payable is per certificate at the time of issue with no additions allowed.
- All submitted songs, lyrics and associated files are deleted after 14 days of inactivity if they remain unregistered. (Non-payment of registration fee)
As a respected copyright registration service it is essential we remain trustworthy and beyond reproach. To achieve and preserve this status we maintain a firm adherence to the stringent rules as set out above.
The information contained within this website is offered as a consideration to visitors and at no time should the information be construed as legal advice, for all legal matters, we encourage our clients to seek the assistance of an attorney.
The Copyright Office is not responsible for policing, or checking on registered works and their use, and cannot guarantee that the legitimacy of ownership or originality in a work registered by Songrite will never be questioned.
Copyright ©2013 songrite.com --- Songrite Copyright Office - Song Copyrights - Music Copyrights - Lyric Copyrights.